tiistai 17. helmikuuta 2015

CONCEIVED BY HATE



Who are you and what do you do in your band? 

My name is Jorge Montesino (A.K.A. Morbid) and I am founder of bands like CONCEIVED BY HATE (Death/Thrash), DISORDER (Thrash/Black) and MORBID STENCH (Death) all from El Salvador in Central America. In all these bands I play guitar and sometimes bass for recordings but live only guitar and in all I am composer also.


When was your band formed?  

CONCEIVED BY HATE was originally baptized as SPIRITUAL DEMISE and I formed it in late 2002.


Why did you choose to play Death Metal? 

It is not something I decided it just came as an impulse, not sure about why but maybe because when I was younger the main stuff I was able to get on the tape trading back in the day (90s) so I imagine was the style that hit me hard in terms of influences. Also I think its a very aggressive music with obscure and evil nerve always present so that's something I like. I play it because it feels natural with my vision of music.


How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute? 

Regarding the root of composition I do it almost all but you need to give credit also the effort of each member on putting some arranges here and there with their instruments. Regarding lyrics I mainly write all of them and sometimes if the song was composed by another member he tells me the concept and I arrange the lyric and way of singing it.






Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.

I usually write lyrics at night or early morning since that is the time on which no one is bothering, there is no particular ways of inspirations, I could say that if there is a topic or an experience that really gets my attention then is a good topic for a lyric. This has to do also with the environment on which you normally live or see.


Is there an ideology behind your band?

I have tried to put a unique ideology for the band as a force but I have noticed that since we are all different individuals with different points of view on how life should be managed it is a difficult task, more when we are talking about 6 members then I can only speak by myself, my ideology or vision for this band is to try to make something honest but outstanding from the reality of the scene from which we come from. I mean we are from a country that lacks a lot of resources so then in many cases totally unknown and that could be considered as an stigma that there is no talent or there could not be something outstanding coming from here. I try to walk a path and live the tracks for those who follows, this is not about success on getting famous or earning money but for doing something humbled but valued in places with better resources and environments than ours.


How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?

I personally love this metal genre, I think that in the last 3 to 6 years there have been a new wave of old school death metal bands specially from Europe (Sweden, Finland, Germany, etc.) that are having a great response from the public and this may be the reason for big labels signing this bands and putting out their records in different formats, I think there is a revival of this style in a massive way and also I notice people purchase the stuff specially vinyl versions, some of them sold out very quick so in general I think Death Metal is having a very good era with fresh bands and also with some legendary ones that are still putting out great music. On the other hand I think this style is very well received in my country, there is a lot of people that likes aggressive metal instead of heavy metal or Symphonic/Gothic stuff.


What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?

In short terms I expect to continue writing new material and release it with better distribution. Also working on international support tours to get better exposures in countries with a more loyal fan base.


Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear. 

I would say Antares Death.


Free word.

Thanks for the questions and interest on this band. Until we meet again!


https://soundcloud.com/morbid-skull-records/01-cbh-devotees-of-death-cd?in=morbid-skull-records/sets/conceived-by-hate-akheron-split/s-lrREl



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti