keskiviikko 1. huhtikuuta 2015

INCINERATE




 Who are you and what do you do in your band?

 - My name is Sasha Wilczynski. I am the bass player for Incinerate.

When was your band formed? 


 - Incinerate was originally conceived in 1998. I joined in 2010 .

Why did you choose to play Death Metal?


 - Death Metal chose me. It is the style of music that has challenged me on my instrument. It is technical, extremely complex and very physically demanding. Everything from the sound, the artwork, the lyrics/subject matter is and has always been exactly what I've loved, wanted and looked for in music.

 How do you compose your music? Does only one guy do everything or does everyone contribute?


 - Everyone contributes to a certain extent. I personally do not regard a single aspect of the songwriting as more important than another. Every step plays a significant role in how an Incinerate song takes shape. Initially, I hear/come up with a riff in my head and try to write it down. Most of the fun comes from materializing what I hear in my head onto paper. From there, other riffs are written based on my first initial parts. Once I am satisfied there is enough material to make up an entire song that is arranged in a decent manner, I share it with the rest of the band. From there we discuss and construct certain parts and areas of what's been created. We share arrangement ideas, etc... Even after that has been done, there is a lot to be said for how each individual interprets and performs each aspect of the song in their own way.

 Tell us about your lyrics, writing, inspiration etc.


Jesse has always been the main lyric writer for Incinerate. With this album we wanted to do something different. The whole space aliens thing is new for us.  That's one nicething with Incinerate is lyrically we aren't pigeon holed into one concept or another.  Jesse and I worked on ideas and I gave him some lyrics and we worked out some really cool stuff for this album.  We took basically a modern day take on War of the World's meets Prometheous.


Is there an ideology behind your band?


 - In the past, the band was very centered around Anti-Christianity and death (killing/Murder). Which we still are but I feel it has become more refined and has matured beyond shock-value where we can explore other themes and still express our opinions and beliefs of this world.

 How do you see the state of Death Metal music these days in your country and in general?


 - I still feel that there could be more unity in the Death Metal community. Especially in Canada. There are not a lot of death metal bands and I always get the impression that everyone is so busy trying to promote themselves that they forget who their friends are and how to put on a great live show. Not by only boosting yourself and making sure your friends show up for your set but for people to come out in order to enjoy the music in general. no matter who is playing/performing.

What are your long term plans as a band? What do you want to achieve?


 - I would love to continue touring and writing music. I'd like to tour with some more established bands, play bigger festivals and hopefully improve as musicians and songwriters.

 Name an other Death Metal band from your country that everyone should hear.


 - Other death metal bands in my country that people might not already know... I think everyone should hear Serene Molestation and Deamon. Both are very brutal and have a strong old school death metal influence. They are all very able and talented musicians.. They know how to write great death metal songs, which I think is getting very rare these days. A band called Thick Piss hails from my hometown. They write some really killer grind! And Fuck The Facts are also a longtime favourite of mine.
Honourable mentions also go out to Soiled By Blood and Blastomycosis.

Free word.


I'd like to thank the rest of my band members, past and present for keeping Incinerate going, dedicating their time and energy to our collective project and being an awesome bunch of guys that I can spend most of my time off with! Also a big thanks to Steve Green and Comatose Music for believing in our music, signing us and releasing our new album.

Thanks for your interest in Incinerate. If anyone is interested is acquiring their own copy of our music that we spent a good amount of time writing, arranging and recording and/or want to pick up a shirt please visit our websites:




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti